BuildMate is a tool that enables you to automate the building process of REALbasic
projects. BuildMate can be used in many situations, from running on a schedule to
provide nightly builds, to reducing a complicated build process down to as little
as a single command.
With BuildMate you can set properties and constants in the project with static and
dynamic values from the build configuration file, move the resulting built
applications to a builds directory, etc. BuildMate is even extensible and provides
hooks before and after builds for you to run a script to make your build process do
the extra steps you need.
Here is a list of some capabilities you get with BuildMate:
- Build multiple projects from a single configuration file.
- Set constant and property values before building.
- Subversion integration for tasks such as updating the repository, getting revision numbers, etc.
- Copy resource and framework files into your built application package.
- Modify the data in Info.plist for Mac builds.
- Hooks give you complete control over the build process.
- Move built applications into a builds directory when done.
- Configuration files work cross platform.
- No user interaction required. Build can be fully automated.
What's new in version 1.2
- [New] Supports REALbasic 2009r1 and later.
- [New] CopyResources and CopyFrameworks now take paths to the directory of files to copy
rather than only working with a predetermined set folder name.
- [Fix] Fixed an issue where resource and framework files would sometimes not get copied
on Mac builds.
- [Chg] Project post build scripts may now contain arguments and have greater control over
how the project path and built applications are provided to the script.
- [Fix] Fixed a problem with reading booleans in some plist files.
- [Fix] Subversion revision number is read in properly when using TortoiseSVN on Windows.
- [Fix] Folders inside the Resources directory are copied correctly on Windows.
- [New] Supports Git repository revisions.
- [New] BinaryReplace option added to allow for values to be injected into the application
binary after the build is complete.
- [Chg] Post build processes will still take place even if all build platforms are disabled.
For a complete list of changes you can download the release notes.
BuildMate is a completely free utility that was developed in spare time.
However, if you have found it to be a useful tool and would like to make a
donation, it would greatly appreciated.
Copyright © 2014 Ekim Software. All rights reserved.